Monday, August 12, 2013

12 Hr Championship

 Simon Waller getting encouragement to get back on the bike after cramp!
 Magic sponge works wonders.
 Off for lap 3 of circuit 3.
 Finishing circuit after 11 hours. Looking good back up the hill Waller.
Simon Trehearn also looking good up the hill.

A very windy, warm day. Simon Waller did 194 miles in his first ever 12 hr, he was going for 185 and was very pleased. Trehearn did 231 in his 2nd 12 an improvement on last year which had no wind! Jake, Brian, Dave, Lisa, Ron & Doreen from the club and Lucy from Simons work came out to help and had a very enjoyable day. Ron's car battery went flat at one point and a nice chap jumpstarted it, and then realised he knew Ron, it was Keith Dorling, an old member from the club. Simon Trehearn had a puncture early on and went off course at one point. We handed up sponges, drinks, melon etc and rubbed sore legs and necks.

3 comments:

  1. Well done both of you I had thought to ride but Tim my son said no way dad your are too old. Well thanks Tim you were probably right in view of the state 27yr old S.W. looked in. Who won the H/C & how many points?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done to you both for finishing firstly; a personal for Simon T and Simon W demonstrated courage and determination to overcome cramp, many of us know what that's like. I must ride a 12 before I get "too old".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel too old now...... I have said it before and I'll say it again a huge thanks to those who encouraged me on the day and to those who spent ages with me telling me how to train for and ride one. Its a race thats 11 hours too long for my tastes but frankly with the support I received it felt marginally shorter!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete