Tuesday, September 02, 2014

The Phoenix does it again 24hr Nat Champs

Well done one and all who helped and supported all our riders. The official result after much effort by Mick Kilby landed through my letter box today. Simon Trehearn, Paul Day & Ann Bath did a total of 939.01 miles to gain second team place in the Championship. A credit to our club and just reward to Brian Powney and all his team in marshaling so much effort to support us over the weekend and particularly through the night. Jules gets recognition for her sterling work through the night to help us through that trying night circuit and my agony in particular.
The result sheet also mentions that all finishers will receive a plaque also donated by Ann and I think that is very generous of Ann.
I also get full recognition and although I am a DNF I am officially credited with a 199.3 mile 12hr distance. To that end I thank Frank if in any way he helped here and I would ask if the KPRC committee can formally credit me this year with that 12hr distance as due to family commitments on 7 Sept I was unable to enter the KCA 12 hour as I had intended to do and with my present form would expect to have gone over 200 miles.
If anyone has an opinion on this and would care to post a comment either way I would be grateful!

On another subject I went to the grand re-opening of the Burford Bridge last night and it all looks very splendid. Access to the Barn is now from the hotel and subject to no more floods I expect our club dinner next year to be a resounding success and I am sure that Brian will make sure that it is so! I may post some pictures of the refurbishment at least of the angel that played the harp.
Best regards to all MMHM



No comments:

Post a Comment