Tuesday, March 10, 2015

New Rules and EGM on 11 March 8pm


Hi All,
Please forgive me for blogging this it is not my intention to upset anyone in doing so but I have been trying to publish to members since Sunday. For some reason when I "reply to all" my BT server or something treats it as spam and will not send to more that say 20 people. My computer skills prevent me from circumnavigating this!

I asked Frank to distribute it for me but he has gone off to Suffolk for two days and felt that it was not appropriate to send out when he could not respond to any questions.

Unfortunately a private matter has cropped up and I may not make the meeting though I still intend to try and do so. It is for that reason that I wanted to make my views known!

With very best regards and the genuine interests of the club at heart.
Mike Morley




From: mike morley [mailto:mike.morley5@btinternet.com] 
Sent: 08 March 2015 08:51
To: 'Frank Cubis'
Subject: New Rules

Hi Frank,
I simply cannot get this to go when I try to end it to all members, including Lisa.
If you get this and you forward it to all.
Mike

Hi All MHM here!
Firstly thanks to all KPRC members who ride’ my CTC Hilly fifty and especially thanks to Jake for promoting it. Steve Winder Epsom cc was the first to finish the shortened course in 1hr 45mins –WOW. Second fastest was Russell Williams in 1hr 57min. Jake I believe did it in around 2hr 25min so that is brilliant.
In total I got 61 riders 3 more than last year and the weather was perfect. In all with donations of £25 we raised a total of £330 so far for St. Raphael.
I know it’s unorthodox as the event has finished but I will keep the final total open for a few days in case anyone who could not ride would like to make a donation. This can either be paid to me or direct to St. Raphael’s but please mark the donation as CTCSWLondon Hilly 50km. I will be offering the same facility on the CTC website.

Meanwhile I should be getting on and updating the CTC on the Hilly 50 and posting photo’s on the Blog which I have not yet had time to do. BUT Lisa’s comments compel me to say something.

1.       Firstly I have been uneasy at the way we seem to be rushing rule changes through and I said as much to Steve Hillier after he finished the Hilly 50 this afternoon. With my illness two weekends ago and the pre-occupation of organising the Hilly 50 I have not had time (or in some ways the inclination) to look in detail at the proposed rule changes.
2.       Off the cuff I do not understand what we are trying to do with the H/C points for open events. In principle I do not think it’s a good idea to give 7 H/C points if we only have one entry. Basically I think that the apportionment should be treated the same for H/C points as the scratch points.
3.       As for the question of penalising late payers, I am not in favour of this as we are not short of funds, though I do understand that it is frustrating to collect from a few laggards. I do fully accept that no member should start the racing season and enter events under the club name if he is not paid up. On the other hand if someone lets their membership laps and then re-applies to join say in April what is to stop him providing he has a proposer and seconder!
4.       I do not understand the ins and outs of what Lisa is saying but I have the feeling that we should give her the opportunity to say what she really thinks when things have calmed down a little. OK it may take a year but if she is right then we could be making a pigs ear of the rule changes. While my suggestion will be very frustrating to committee members who have waded through this so far, I now feel that this meeting is inappropriately called and too soon and we should postpone!
5.       On a final subject I became alarmed about  the degree of control being imposed on our club by certain individuals bordering on the severest of unnecessary censorship. I will address this subject directly to  only a few individuals but would like to see a rule introduced to stop this happening in the future!

I hope that this gets through to all members.

Best regards,
Mike M


No comments:

Post a Comment