Tuesday, February 02, 2016

Ken Sales - RIP

It is with sadness that I have to report the death of Ken Sales last week following a massive stroke.

His funeral will be held on Monday 8th February at 4pm, at Putney Vale Crematorium.

---

I didn't know Ken well, though I did know him. I started racing at a time when Adrian, Ken's son, was having a dabble at racing on the back of the tandem with Charlie Griffin.

I'm not sure whether Ken himself ever raced, or if he was ever actually a member of the Phoenix, but he was a keen cycle tourist and was involved with the Kingston Section and the RSF with Charlie, at a time when the Phoenix had very strong links to the Kingston Section. I can visualise a photograph that I am sure has Ken in it, but have sadly been unable to find it. I will add it to this post if/when I do find it.

It was only last month that we saw Ken at Charlie's funeral, and now there is another one to go to...


---

No comments:

Post a Comment